Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wedding Diaries: Videographers, rings and food

A lot has happened in the wedding planning world for us this past week. We've been knocking things out like it's our JOB. Well, I guess it kind of is our job but we're not getting paid for it...

We started last week off with a trip to a videographer's house. Before I talk about that though, is it just me or does anyone else find it weird that these complete strangers invite you over to their house to meet about stuff and talk details and we just go like it's totally normal? In no other circumstance would I ever just go to a random person's house who I've never met and sit in their basement with them for an hour discussing video quality and weird wedding music. But I digress.  The guy was real nice and chill and takes some nice wedding videos. Also, it turns out he is the same videographer who used to videotape all of my dance recitals when I used to dance at Folsom Academy for like 8 years. I told him I recognized his logo from all of the old VCR tapes I have of my dance recitals. Hilarious.

Throughout the week we worked out other things like times to meet with our ministers, wedding invitation stuffing plans, and some other little detail logistics.

On Friday we got to go ring shopping for our wedding bands! This was probably more exciting for me than for Chuckie because I really enjoy looking at all the pretty, shiny things in their cases and daydreaming about owning them. (What girl doesn't?) We knew Genesis was having a big sale this weekend on the whole store so we figured it was as good a time as any to go buy our wedding bands. He had already kind of picked out my band so that was an easy decision and we knew kind of what we wanted in his band. It didn't take us very long to pick them out, get sized, eat a free cookie and have my engagement ring cleaned. To be exact, we were in and out of there in 26 minutes. That's gotta be a record time.

Saturday my mom and I went back to the dress shop so I could pick out accessories to go with my dress. That was a lot of fun because it gave me an excuse to wear my dress around for a little while and try on pretty things that made me look like a princess.  In similar fashion to wedding band shopping though, we made all decisions in a matter of minutes and left there in under an hour. Then, Chuckie and I spent the entire rest of the day shopping for furniture for our apartment in Boston. It was fun, but exhausting, and we decided to think about it for a little bit before we made a decision.

Sunday we got to go to the Olmsted and do our food tasting for our dinner menu for the reception. An event was happening that evening so there were people in there setting up and decorating the whole time while Chuckie, my parents and I sat at a table in the middle of the room and just ate. First they brought out two types of salads and had us choose between them. My parents, the expert Food Network viewers that they are, told us we should judge the food based on presentation, mix of flavors and overall taste. So we did. Then they brought out the main courses- 3 types of chicken and two vegetarian dishes. And let me just say, this may have been the hardest decision yet. They were all. SO. GOOD. It was tough but we finally made a decision. I think everyone will like what we chose. I'm glad Chuckie and I got to eat them all Sunday too because from what I hear from a lot of people, the bride and groom will hardly eat anything, if anything at all, at the actual reception.  Apparently we will be too busy talking to people, walking around, and just plain too excited to eat. We'll see. I've never been one to pass up a meal before...

After a full week and weekend of wedding preparations and furniture shopping, we ended the weekend with a couch purchase. Our first big purchase as a couple. I know it's just a couch but it's OUR couch. And that is exciting. Here it is in the back of my dad's truck.
It even came with matching, decorative pillows!


Overall, an extremely productive week. I haven't felt any stress yet about moving or getting any wedding stuff done before we go, but there's still 4 weeks until the move so I'm not going to get ahead of myself... There's still time for a major meltdown to happen!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you all got A LOT done! I can't believe the move is only 4 weeks away!!

    ReplyDelete