Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving with Friends

Due to extremely pricey airline tickets and only 4 days off from school and work, we had to make the decision to stay in/around Boston for Thanksgiving this year.

We toyed with several ideas for how to spend our first married Thanksgiving, but after realizing that (my favorite idea) going to the Macy's Parade in New York would probably be just as expensive as the trip to Louisville, we decided just to stay put. Lucky for us, several of our LGO friends were in a similar situation and were also planning to stay around for the holiday.

So we are spending the holiday this year with friends. I am picturing tomorrow will be kind of like this:
Our friends Kate (SO) and Ryan (LGO) graciously offered to be the hosts for our Thanksgiving dinner and it was decided we would do it potluck style- everyone bring a dish.

I signed up to take stuffing and pumpkin bread- two things I am pretty positive I can make without screwing up!
Remember when Rachel put beef in the Thanksgiving dessert she made after mixing up two recipes? That's totally something I would do.

We are really bummed to be away from our families but excited that many of our friends are here to celebrate with. This Thanksgiving will definitely be different for us. Good, but different.

 

I'm planning to wear my stretchy Thanksgiving pants, pretend to care about football so I don't have to help in the kitchen, and hoping for a guest appearance by Brad Pitt. (All just Friends references, fyi. I promise I'll help in the kitchen!)
And hopefully THIS won't happen to anyone at our Thanksgiving:
  
But I'll be sure to let you know if it does!

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

(One of my favorite scenes from Friends... ever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment