Monday, May 7, 2012

Derby 2012 Recap

As I said in my Saturday post about Derby, Chuck and I needed to "go big or go home" this year at the annual Hagan Derby party since we may not be here for the next couple of Derbys.  Well, I think it's safe to say we definitely went big. Here is a recap of the day.

- A new tradition was started when we had the First Annual "Derbreakfast" with friends at Wild Eggs on Derby morning.
- At the party, countless Mint Juleps (the official Derby drink) and Lillies (the official Oaks drink) were consumed.
- All of the food was so delicious that I ate so much I was curled up in the fetal position all through the night moaning in pain.
- Chuck won $80 in the cornhole tournament.
- I won $86 on the Derby after betting on #19 "I'll Have Another" because of a random statistic I heard on Saturday morning on the radio. (That no horse had ever won the Derby running out of the 17th or 19th gate. So I bet #19 just in case.)
- Someone won $79 in a game of LRC.
- Someone may have broken their little toe on the big undies used in the underwear races.
- Someone (who is almost 25 years old) hit their first pinata EVER.
- Someone lost half of their front tooth in an airhead that they got from the pinata.
- Someone peed their pants laughing at the someone who broke their tooth.
- It did not rain.

All in all I'd say this was quite a memorable Derby day for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping everything anonymous. We wouldn't want "family" coming out of the woodwork after they heard about our big win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. When I was listing things that happened I tried to think who might want to be kept anonymous and Matt was one of them. But now that you've commented I think the secret's out. I should have mentioned in my post that he won playing on a dollar I loaned him. :)

      Delete