Friday, July 12, 2013

Kentucky Fun

 
Hello from Kentucky! Just a little update on what we've been up to for the past week.
 
Chuck and I got in to Louisville on the 4th of July around 6:30 pm after a FLAWLESS travel day. It was literally perfect which, if you've followed the blog for awhile, you know this NEVER happens to us and is a big deal. We picked up our rental car and drove straight to my Uncle Tony and Aunt Kelly's house in Oldham County where all of my family and some of our friends were having a rainy 4th of July party. There weren't many fireworks because of the weather, but that didn't stop the fun. Just look at the community drink table!
 

 
First thing Friday morning, Chuck and I drove down to Rough River Lake and spent the day with his dad and our lake friends. Before we moved out of Kentucky, Chuck and I went to the lake almost every single weekend in the summertime. This was our first time at the lake in 2 years, so it was really exciting. It was still kind of rainy though, so we only got to go out on the boat for about 3 hours. Again, that didn't stop the fun. We played cornhole tournaments, grilled steaks, and had some drinks.  
 
 
 
 
On Saturday, it was back to Louisville for a day of covered volleyball with friends, as it was STILL RAINING.
 
 
After volleyball, it was home to get cleaned up and then we met up with family and friends at The Silver Dollar, one of our new favorite restaurants in Louisville. Seriously, it's SO GOOD.
 
 
 



 
 Sunday we spent at church and at my parents' house where my parents cooked dinner for us and Chuckie's mom. Here is my dad, the grillmaster.

 
 My parents watch a lot of Food Network shows and it seriously pays off. Look at this pizza they made just last night.
 


Monday I spent at the pool with my best friend and cousin and Chuckie spent at the Amazon fulfillment center in Jeffersonville, IN. Tuesday Chuckie also spent there before he had to fly out and go back to Seattle for a few days. He's been there since Tuesday night and will come back to Louisville tomorrow morning! Then we'll have the weekend to have fun again before he has to go back to the fulfillment centers on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and then it's back to Seattle for both of us on Thursday.

So far our trip has been awesome, especially once it finally stopped raining! I love driving around the city without having to use the GPS on my phone. I love that there is enough parking everywhere I go. I love being with family and friends.

The only thing I don't love is the humidity.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment