Friday, May 25, 2012

Halfway to Boston

Today we started our 2 day road trip to Boston. The truck was almost fully packed yesterday with just a few things to throw on top this morning. We all gathered at my house around 11 and pulled out of the driveway around 12:20- only 20 minutes past our targeted departure time! Here is our day in a nutshell:

12:20- Left the driveway
12:22 - I was well on my way to sleep already before we even got on the interstate. (Long car rides turn me into a big baby. I sleep the whole time.)
1:45 - Chuckie texts (he rode in the truck, I rode in the car) and asks me if I'm asleep and if I'm drooling. He knows me well.
2:45 - We realize we forgot the kitchen chairs. Looks like we're going shopping in Boston!
Around 4ish - The car and truck get separated and Chuckie and I spend the next 3 hours texting what mile marker each of us are passing. At first the truck was 9 miles ahead of us, then 10 miles, then 14. We never got back together until we stopped for dinner in Cleveland.
7:30 - dinner at Wendy's somewhere in Ohio. Or was it in Pennsylvania? I have no idea. I was probably asleep when we crossed state lines.
8:45 - Back on the road and I'm already asleep again.
10:00 - We arrive in Buffalo, NY to stay in a hotel for the night. We are only two exits from Canada and Niagra Falls. Too bad we have a tight schedule to keep or I'd say we should totally take a side trip.
10:48 - I'm writing a blog in the hotel. Another full day of driving tomorrow and we'll hopefully be in Boston by early afternoon. Then we get to unload the truck and see the apartment we'll call home for the next 3 months! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment