Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rajon Rondo 101

So now that I've mentioned Rajon Rondo in two out of three posts, I figure I should give a lesson on Rondo in case anyone is wondering who this guy is. Here is Rondo as most people know him:


#9 for the Boston Celtics. His jersey is the 3rd best seller in the NBA behind only Lebron James and Kobe Bryant. What you may not know, is that Chuckie, Rondo and I go waaaaay back.  All the way to Eastern High School. Yep, that's right.  We went to high school with Rajon Rondo.

See? There's proof! Except at Eastern he was #4- my favorite number. He left Eastern for his senior year to go play at Oak Hill Academy, a school in Virginia for amazing high school basketball players. He was one grade above us, so we only got to watch him play for two years. But they were two glorious years.  Chuckie really loved Rondo.  One time in high school, I asked him who he liked more. Me? Or Rondo? He actually had to think about it for a minute.

One time during our sophomore year of high school, I drew a picture for Chuckie of stick figure versions of us, standing under a rainbow holding hands. I used crayons and worked really hard on it.   I asked him to draw a picture for me in return. This is what he drew:

He drew it in pencil, so some of it is hard to make out. So in case you can't tell what the picture is, it's Rajon Rondo floating high up in the air about to dunk on.... Seneca apparently. And the scoreboard says "Rajon Rondo: 132, Seneca: 23."  (Because let's face it, Rondo was so good that he probably really could have beaten teams by himself.) He labeled all of our other players and Coach Bibby. And you can see us in the right hand corner, sitting with the pep band of course. Chuckie is saying "Look at that cute booty!" and I'm saying "Do what??"  It's a one of a kind masterpiece. No wonder I saved it, right?

Oh and guess what else? Look who went to the University of Kentucky!

You know who else went to the Universtiy of Kentucky? Chuckie and Rachel. One time we went to a game at UK and I made a poster that said "We went to high school with Rondo."  It got me on the jumbo tron in Rupp.

So basically what I'm saying here is... our lives have been intertwined with Rondo's since we were 14. I think we were destined to be best friends with him. Now we will once again be in the same city.  Being a famous NBA player must be hard on him. I bet he would like to have some friends from his hometown, don't you think?

If we end up with a restraining order against us don't be surprised.


1 comment:

  1. I love the stuff the crowd is saying in that picture... "why is he so good?˝Lol!

    ReplyDelete