Monday, September 2, 2013

Back in Boston

After 15 days of traveling, we made it back to Boston late Saturday night. Returning to our same apartment really made it feel like we were finally home. (Especially since we were essentially homeless for 15 days.) I've never loved this apartment so much.

We've already been out to dinner and bars with friends and have a packed schedule already for the next 2 weeks ahead. It's good to be back. :)

Besides our reunion with friends, we're also enjoying our reunion with our own couch, TV, coffeemaker, crazies of Central Square, and familiar streets. It's been an adjustment to stop adding 3 hours to the time when thinking about calling or texting my family but I think I'll adjust quickly.

I have so many pictures and stories to share from our travels but that will take several posts, so I thought I'd just give a little teaser today with a summary of our trip.

By the Numbers:
15: days traveled
18: states visited
3720: miles driven (and yes, Chuckie and I still like each other even after that much time in the car together.)
too many: fast food stops
4: historical monuments visited
0: buffalo seen   :(
27: pictures I posted on Instagram while traveling
5: pictures Chuckie posted on Instagram while traveling

Favorites:
State (scenery): Montana
Sign: Tie between the sign for "Crazy Woman Creek" in Wyoming and the sign for "Biscuit World" in West Virginia
Side trip: The Badlands
Meal: Jeff Ruby's in Louisville
Song to crank up while driving: Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke


I have so much to share and so SO many pictures. It's been an amazing two weeks and the craziness of being back in Boston has already started. It's going to be a fun semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment