Monday, September 16, 2013

Road Trip: Days 5 - 12

Days 5-12

We stayed in Louisville for about a week during the cross country trek to visit friends and family once again.  This was our 3rd visit to Louisville in 4 months. I'm afraid our friends and family are starting to feel spoiled! ;)  I'm glad we were able to visit several times this summer though since we probably won't be visiting Kentucky again until Christmas break.

The week was very busy as it always is at home. Dinners and chill time with our families, a trip to Lexington to see my little sis and cousin, church, the pool, catch-up lunches with friends, etc etc etc.

My favorite part of our visit was the weekend. Friday night we had dinner at Havana Rumba (obviously- we freakin' love that place STILL) with our combined families. Saturday was our 1st anniversary. We went out to my Uncle Tony and Aunt Kelly's house for a swim party with all of my aunts and uncles during the day, then to Jeff Ruby's for our anniversary dinner, then to our friend Jen and Matt's house where we sat around the fire pit in the backyard with some of our best friends just talking and laughing until way too late in the night. :) Sunday was church, lunch, and then we spent the entire day at the pool playing with the nieces and relaxing. Do weekends get any better than that one?

The trip was entirely too short, as it always is, and we will miss home until we visit again in December!

And now... pictures.

I love this little face!

Sami and Anna out to dinner in Lexington after a full day of walking UK's campus, the mall and a movie.

I got to meet little baby Jayson while in town! Jayson is the baby of my former supervisor and now just my friend, Shannon. It was so fun to see them and hold the little guy. He will be so big next time I see him!



Dinner at Havana Rumba. Yum.
 
 
 
 
The perfect pool day out at my aunt and uncle's. 

Our anniversary- a picture of a picture taken and given to us by Jeff Ruby's. :)

 



 Candles on our wedding cake topper?  A little weird but we went with it. :)


Another perfect pool day.

For these pics I said "Jump in the pool and do a funny pose and I'll take your picture in the air."  And they did!




No comments:

Post a Comment