Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Seattle update and a New Friend

A lot has happened in regards to our upcoming move to Seattle. Here's a quick rundown.

- I left my job at MIT and am now looking for a job in Seattle.
- We found an apartment. It's a studio apartment, but it's fully furnished, it's clean, it has a parking spot, and we only have to give 2 weeks notice to move out, so if we find a better place when we get there, we'll just move!
- Once we had an apartment locked down, we bought one way plane tickets to Seattle! We move there on February 8th. Next Friday!
- Before next Friday we have to pack up our apartment, pack up our clothes and anything else we want to take with us, ship our clothes, ship Chuckie's car from Louisville to Seattle, and about a million other things you have to do before moving across the country.

So that's where we are with that.

Now I have to tell you about our new friend!

Please meet Grayson, the newest member of our game night group (Everyone Here Hates Twilight) at home!


Grayson was born on Thursday, January 24th, just like Chuck and I knew he would be. You see, our friends can make a game out of anything, including the birth of our friends' baby. One night while Chuck and I were in Louisville over Christmas break, a big group of our friends and family went out to eat. After dinner, the subject of Jennifer's due date came up, and 5 minutes later, we had a napkin with everyone's guesses for when the baby would be born, what time, and what the sex of the baby would be. Chuck and I were at opposite ends of the table and somehow managed to choose the exact same date and almost the exact same time. (I chose 3:20 pm, he chose 3:40.) The only difference was he said boy and I said girl.

And wouldn't you know, Grayson came on January 24th! At 6:15 a.m. though, so we were a little off on the time. I think he's already chosen me and Chuck as his favorites. Because of course, you had to assume that we put money on this bet! Grayson made Chuck $20 richer!

The proud dad, with the napkin and winnings!
 
I don't really know if we're Grayson's favorite's or not since we haven't actually met him yet, but it makes me feel better to say that since we couldn't be there to welcome him in person! I hope he knows we can't wait to actually meet him and until then, we will have to settle for occasional skype dates.
 
Congratulations, Matt and Jennifer! You did good!

1 comment:

  1. Grayson is already a blog star! He is very excited about meeting Mr & Mrs Chuck Rondo.

    ReplyDelete