Monday, October 1, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

I miss Home.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Boston. I love where we live. I love the experiences we're having. I love the people we've met and spend our time with. I love the sailboats on the river. I love the old, historic buildings surrounded by skyscrapers. I love the convenience of being able to walk anywhere. I even love the sometimes delayed, sometimes crowded, sometimes smelly, sometimes puke on the floor, sometimes sketchy public transportation. But I don't love any of this as much as I love Home. And by Home I mean Kentucky.

Besides my family and Chuckie's family of course, as those are a given and are obviously top of the list of things/people I miss most, here are some other things I've been missing lately.

These people.
Love this picture- stolen from my sis. Also, a couple people are not pictured but they know who they are.
This dog.

This place.

Driving past things like this frequently.

This place.

Opportunities to take pictures like this.

Hanging out with this girl.

And a lot of other things.

Like I said, don't get me wrong. I love it here and I do not regret our decision to move here one bit. And we are having a blast here. But some days are hard.  Especially when I get a text from one of my parents telling me my whole family is meeting up for margaritas and mexican food and that they wish we were there. You guys. I LOVE margaritas. And my family. Those two things combined? The best!!!

But Boston has margaritas too and Chuckie is my family, so I need to embrace where we live and be happy with where we are and drink more margaritas with Chuckie. There. THAT is the solution to homesickness.

I leave you with this.


Where can I get a Glinda!?







1 comment:

  1. Was I crying in that picture? Probably. Miss you too, lady :/

    ReplyDelete