Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall- the Best Season of All

I love Fall more than any other season. I always have. I associate Fall with sweatshirts and boots, colorful leaves, chili and cider, football and marching band, fire pits and hayrides, season premieres of all my favorite shows, and best of all- the anticipation of the holiday season that is quickly approaching. 

This year, we get to experience our first New England Fall. From what we hear, it's a great time to live in Boston. We got a taste of it when we came to visit for Ambassador Day last year and the year before. But now we are getting to experience it.

Because I love Fall so much and because we are in the perfect place to enjoy it, we are trying to live it up best we can. I think we've done a good job so far! Check it out.

We went to a Harvard football game. The stadium was less than half full and it felt more like a high school football atmosphere to us than college, but it was a pretty day and it was entertaining to say the least.
No idea who won. We left before it was over to go order our iPhone 5s.


If on a Sunday afternoon, Chuck suddenly stands up and says "I need a break from homework. Let's walk to Starbucks and get a Pumpkin Spice Latte," who am I to tell him no? (Please note: football on the TV in the background.)

We've had perfect boot weather lately.

Chuck has joined the LGO flag football team. They had their first game last week and it ended in a tie. I thought only soccer could end in a tie (one of the many reasons I hate soccer) but apparently not. Oh well. The LGO team had better cheerleaders at least.

We went apple picking. We went with some other LGOs and SOs on a Sunday morning up to a place called Russell Orchards. We ate cider donuts, picked apples, and broke almost all of the orchard rules (including "no throwing apples" and "no shaking trees.")

 The rules didn't say anything about not sampling the apples...


Our goodies from the Orchard:


 Pumpkin butter, Red Raspberry Jam, Apple butter, and 10 lbs of apples. Because, you know, two people really need 10 lbs of apples.

I don't know if you can get more Fall than football games and apple picking but we plan to try. On the horizon we have a camping trip, a pig roast, and someone brought up a possible pumpkin carving block party sometime in the near future. You know I'm all over that.

I don't mean to brag but one time I carved a Goldendoodle howling at the moon into a pumpkin. Not sure how I will top that this year but, I'll try my best.


No comments:

Post a Comment