Tuesday, September 4, 2012

8/24/12- The Wedding & Reception

A couple of days after the wedding, I wrote down a ton of things stream-of-consciousness style that I did not want to forget about our wedding. A lot of it was little details, things that were said or looks that were shared that won't be in pictures or on our wedding video. Years from now I'm sure most of our wedding day will be a blur and most of what I'll remember will be the things we have pictures of. So now I have this list of details I can always look back and read to remember the things that stuck out most to me 2-3 days after the wedding. I've decided to share some of that list with you rather than recap the whole wedding ceremony and reception. Because that would take forever. So here it goes. Also, sorry if I use a lot of people's names and don't explain who they are. Just know they are all special people to me.

Waiting to walk across the lobby as the bridesmaids entered and watching Audrey do hilarious dance moves to entertain us.
Caroline turning to me right before she walked down the aisle and saying "Rachel you look so beautiful."
Dad and I talking about being nervous and wishing we could watch the flower girls walk down the aisle. Miguel snapping our picture in the hallway right before we walked down the aisle.
Turning the corner and Dad said "Here we go. Time to make the donuts!"
Side note: "Time to make the donuts" is what my dad used to say to us growing up when he would come in to wake us up. Instead of, "wake up, it's time for school," we got "Time to make the donuts!" or sometimes if he was feeling tired or lazy, he would open the door and just say "Hey. Donuts." It was probably the best thing he could have said to me before walking down the aisle because a) it had significant meaning to me and b) it was funny so I was laughing and not thinking about being nervous and/or crying.


Seeing Chuck at the end of the aisle and watching him the whole time I walked.
Chuck's face- a closed mouth smile, no tears.
Chuck mouthing "you look beautiful" to me as the song finished.
The service went by so fast. Glancing at my girls occasionally to see if they were crying.

Chuck singing along to "Lifesong" when our musician was singing it because he couldn't help himself.
Everyone saying the Lord's Prayer differently and then laughing.
Ava giving me thumbs up from the front row when we turned around to make our exit.
Walking back down the aisle to go out and wanting to stop and hug my cousin Aaron and his girlfriend Elizabeth when I saw them.
Hugging all my best friends when they were finished walking down the aisle.
The party bus entrance- Chuck and I came out of the church to our friends all lined up waiting to get on the party bus until we got on. They popped champagne, cheered- only to find out we weren't getting on the bus until after taking some pictures. Hahaha.
Second actual party bus entrance when everyone cheered and handed us champagne glasses immediately.

Entering the party bus to this song- the song my cousin Caitlin wanted us to enter the reception to.

Singing and dancing all the way to reception.
Eating so many green chili won tons in the office at the reception while my dress was being bustled and my veil taken out.
Watching our bridal party enter to Party Rock and cracking up at their moves.
Entering with Chuck, high-fiving people as we went past and feeling like the happiest person alive.
Eating dinner and watching Allison and James do their interview with the videographer and wondering what they were saying. Watching Liz and Shane talk to the camera man and laughing about what they were probably saying.
Audrey telling Branden "her is my very best friend cause her just got married" and saying I was her best friend more than Chuck. I think she thought only I got married since I was the one with the big dress.
Awkward moment when we realized neither of us knew how to properly cut a cake and then actually doing it but with our opposite hands so it was even more awkward.

Sami's amazing toast- saying Chuckie had been her brother forever and noting that we both were at her 5th, 8th and high school graduations.

Liz's face when she caught the bouquet.
My cousin Aaron and Chuck's cousin Justin fighting for the garter.
First dance- singing to each other and talking about how we were having the perfect night.
Dancing with my dad, talking about how perfect everything was and how happy everyone was and laughing at all my friends for crying their eyes out.
Standing with my mom and hugging Liz and Ava while watching Chuck dance with his mom.
Dancing like crazy the rest of the night with everyone, going on and off the dance floor to hug people and talk to people.
Watching the Bourbon boys celebrate Uncle Tony's 50th birthday.
Watching people dance in the middle of a big circle- break dancing, doing flips, etc.
Wondering where everyone was at one point and seeing a huge line at the photo booth.
Leaving the reception and feeling so sad to leave all of our friends and family still in that room but so happy at the same time.

At the end of the day, my cheeks hurt from smiling, my entire body ached from dancing, and I felt happier than I ever have in my whole life.

2 comments:

  1. We had such an amazing time! And Sami's speech was awesome! Everything was so fun and so you two, which is exactly how it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing day for amazing people. And it was so great for everyone who loves you, too, which says so much about the people you have in your lives and what you mean to them. Love you all so much and I'm so glad you made this list to remember forever!

    ReplyDelete