Friday, September 7, 2012

August 25th

Since Chuck and I were not going on an immediate honeymoon after the wedding, we decided to hang out in Louisville until the last possible second before we had to head back to Boston. Since we got married on a Friday, this left us with all day Saturday and most of Sunday to hang out, see our family and relax before we had to get on a plane again. Friday night after the wedding we stayed at the Seelbach Hotel, an historic hotel in Louisville where F. Scott Fitzgerald used to stay frequently and got inspiration for his book (my favorite) The Great Gatsby! Saturday morning we woke up and got ready to head to my parents' house for a brunch at noon.

Friends- if you are not leaving immediately the next day for a honeymoon, I highly recommend having a brunch the day after your wedding.  Our friends Justin and Jenny did this after their wedding last year and it was so fun we asked my parents to do it for us. My parents invited our entire family, Chuck's entire family and our bridal party. Since we have such a ginormous family who never turns down an opportunity to party, there were a million people there. It was like the wedding all over again! But it was great. There was tons of food, corn hole, lawn chairs out in the yard, people on the deck, babies in the grass, people standing around the kitchen- it was amazing. There were people in every corner of the house.  It was so great to see everyone again and talk about the night before, but also just nice to catch up with our out of town family who we don't see often and actually get to say more to them than "Hi! Thanks for coming!" which is what I felt like I said to everyone at the wedding before getting pulled away from them.

After brunch and after some people had left, we opened gifts, opened cards, relaxed, and later that night went to Chuck's sister's house to grill out burgers and relax some more.  That night we went back to stay at the Seelbach again and made our marriage "facebook official," had a ceremonious name-changing on Facebook, and created a new gmail address for me with my new name.

Like I said before, I strongly recommend a brunch to anyone the day after the wedding. It was great to get to see everyone again so soon after and great to spend time sitting down and actually talking to all the people we love.

Photo credits go to my Aunt Kathy and my sister Laura. Stole these from their facebooks and blogs. Thanks for unknowingly letting me steal these pics from you all! :)


I wish this could be every Saturday afternoon. Blankets, nieces on my friends' laps, sunshine... Sigh.



Liz is such a good sport. :)


Shane, the baby whisperer.


1 comment: