Friday, August 31, 2012

8/24/12- Getting Ready

Here is a recap of the wedding day, all PRE wedding ceremony.

I've already told you in my post about the bridesmaids that my day started with a dance party in the basement where we all slept the night before.

The dance party was followed by a big, amazing breakfast prepared by my parents. Thanks mom and dad!
YUM
 My dad made us some mimosas and I popped my first bottle champagne! (With a little help from Emily.)

Cheers!
 During breakfast, a dozen roses were delivered from my groom-to-be. :)

We then spent the entire day rotating in and out of the bathroom and kitchen having our hair and make up done by some lovely friends who spent the day helping us get ready.


Throughout the day there was a lot of laughter, a lot of noise, non-stop chatter, some tears shed by almost everyone- some happy, some sad, but hey- that's life! There was an impromptu (and not very good) concert given to the entire house when Emily sat down at our piano and started playing Billy Joel songs, then Les Miserables songs and then some Aladdin songs. Emily is actually an amazing piano player but Lauren and I sang and I think we kinda ruined her beautiful playing.

There was a lot of "Oh my gosh you look so pretty" said to and by everyone multiple times. There was a Jimmy John's order placed and a lot of discussion about the quality of their tomatoes.

Then there was a rush. Chuck's sisters showed up with the flower girls, the party bus showed up to take us to the church, the girls were all making last minute adjustments to their dresses and it suddenly seemed like chaos. Once we got on the party bus with the flower girls, everything felt calmer. The little girls were amazed at the bus and once we figured out how to work the iPod connection, we were rocking out to some "Call Me Maybe" and having a blast.


Once we got to the church, I put my dress and shoes on. Emily put my garter on for me even though I easily could have put it on myself. But it was more fun that way. Then there were pictures, my sudden starvation moment when I wanted to eat everything I could get my hands on, a MOH run to the basement to steal food from the groomsmen lounging area, flower girl invasion of our prep room when we spent 10 minutes trying to keep them from eating candy in their white dresses, and then all of a sudden someone said, "5 minutes until we line up!" and then I suddenly had to pee. (Which, with the help of 3 bridesmaids holding my dress, proved to be pretty easy!)

Best group of bridesmaids ever!
The flower posse.

So I'm not 100% sure what Chuck did all day before the wedding. I talked to him on the phone that day a couple of times and texted a little, but we haven't had a chance to really talk about what he did all day. What I do know is he went to the Seelbach to drop our overnight bags and his car for later that night. I also know he went to Hooters with all of the guys, including groomsmen, dads, brothers-in-law, uncles, cousins, and any other guy they could round up to go with them. I think after that they may have gone straight to the church and just hung out until it was time to get ready. I'll have to ask him for more details and share any exciting stories or happenings I find out. 

Here are two pictures of Chuck before the wedding.


It was the best day ever and the wedding hadn't even happened yet!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment