Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One Down and One to Go

This week is the halfway point of the LGO program. Can you believe it?
Last year on June 4, Chuck attended his first day of classes and met the people he'd be working alongside for the next two years. Next year on June 6, he will be graduating. Everyone warned us that the program would fly by, and so far it has.

Here is Chuck on his first day of class last summer. I made him take the traditional "first day of school with your backpack on" picture before he left for class that day. He was a little reluctant but he humored me. :)
 
 At this time last year, we were still unsure of what to expect out of these 2 years in the program, but I can honestly say the reality of it all has FAR exceeded our expectations. The fact that we are counting down the days until we can get back to Boston in September is an indication of how much we love the program, the school, the city, and most of all, the friends we have there.
 
It is so funny to me to go back and look at this picture taken in mid June last year after we took one of the infamous Duck Boat Tours around the city with some of the LGO classmates and their families. (Jessica, if you're reading this- I stole your picture from FB because I love it! Hope you don't mind!)  
 

At the time this picture was taken, these people were still pretty much just strangers to us. Now I look at this picture and see good friends, neighbors, Chuck's teammates, people we spent Thanksgiving with, people we have plans to go visit in Portland next month... I get a little teary-eyed thinking about having to say goodbyes next June. While I'm looking forward to the day we settle down, both have full time jobs again, get a house and get back to a "normal" routine, I am also dreading the end of this experience.  It feels a little bit like real life is on hold for these 2 years and it's kind of fun. I know I will have very mixed feelings when it's over and I know Chuck feels the same way.

But... it's too soon to think about that, so I'll stop. We have 2.5 more months in Seattle and then it's back to Boston for two more semesters! I'm so excited to have another Fall in the Northeast and to be reunited with friends.  Until then, we are going to enjoy our summer in Seattle where the weather is starting to be sunny and warm every day AND several more of the LGO and Sloan students have arrived to start their internships for the summer. Things are going to get a lot busier and a lot more fun around here and we are very happy about that.

Year #2- GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment