Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Hagans visit Seattle

It was so nice to have my parents in town last week for 5 days. It's always nice to have visitors and be with people who really know you well. This was a nice vacation for my parents and felt like a vacation for us! We loved showing them around and exploring things with them that WE haven't even seen yet.

It was just an added bonus that they brought us Easter gifts, treated us to many meals, were some of the cleanest house guests ever, did laundry, stocked our kitchen with food and other items we're lacking, AND cooked dinner for us after Chuck and I both worked all day! Yep. They spoiled us.


Parents are the best.

While we worked all day Monday, they explored Pike Place Market and the Space Needle.

Here they are with one of the fish guys.


My dad also has a great video of the fish guys yelling "Go Cards!" right before the throw a fish over his head.

On Tuesday they were on their own for a little while in the morning, so they took a ferry to Bainbridge Island and had lunch.


They said it was fun but that really the ferry ride was the main reason to go. Chuckie and I will have to go on a nice day!  That night, Chuck scouted out a restaurant for dinner, and we ate at Senor Moose, voted Seattle's best Mexican restaurant in 2012. And it totally was. The food was incredible and they had a crazy list of margaritas- some had jalapenos and cucumber in them- and they were gooooood. You can't go wrong at a restaurant with a wall full of tequila.

 
On Wednesday morning I drove my parents to the University of Washington's campus. We parked and walked around to the bookstore and to the Quad where the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. It was absolutely gorgeous.




We made a pit stop at Savery Hall, the building where my Uncle's office was when he was a professor at UW back in the 70s.


Later that day, Chuckie got off work early and we made the long trek to Mt. Rainier. That was one of the coolest places I've ever been, and I took a lot of pictures so, that will get a blog post of its own.

Thursday my parents weren't scheduled to fly out until 10 pm, so we had the whole day to continue exploring. I drove them around Fremont, our old neighborhood, and we did some shopping. Then we drove north to find my aunt and uncle's old house from when they were living here while my uncle taught at the university. We found the house and found it was for sale!  My mom considered buying it. She was really excited to see the house again. She came to Seattle and stayed in that house a few different summers while my aunt and uncle lived here, so she has great memories there from her teenage years.


The rest of the day and evening we just hung around the apartment, ate all the leftovers from the week and made sure they had everything packed up.  It was a great visit and we were sad to see them go... But- we only have to go a few weeks without seeing them and all the rest of our family. We go home for Derby in just a few weeks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment