Monday, March 4, 2013

Uncle Jesse is 24

The blog has been a little quiet lately for no reason other than that just not much has been going on. I've been living the semi-unemployed life which includes a lot of walking the neighborhood, running errands like bank trips, job interviews and applications, and a LOT of Full House and Boys Meets World reruns on afternoon television.

Sidenote: Did you know that in the first season of Full House, Uncle Jesse is only 24 years old!?! What!? I am older than UNCLE JESSE?! I am not happy with this realization. (I need a job, quick, before I find out Mr. Pheeny on Boy Meets World was only 30 or something.)




Anyway, last week Chuck was in Phoenix and then we had a relatively quiet weekend followed by a relatively quiet week. We haven't been able to get out and do much exploring in Seattle yet, until this weekend.

Friday night we found a movie theater and went to see "A Good Day to Die Hard." It was your classic Die Hard movie, a little cheesy, a little funny, and a lot of car chases and explosions. It was just ok- but nothing can compare to my favorite one in the series- the very first Die Hard, where Bruce Willis throws Snape off the roof of a building at the end.


On Saturday we drove to a park really close to where we live called Discovery Park.  I made Chuck drive all the way down this little road in the park because I could see on the map that it led to the beach. When we got to the end of the road we found the beach, but also found that it was permit parking only. So I snapped this picture of a little lighthouse and then we headed back to the main parking lot.


Once we parked, we got a trail map and decided to walk the 2.8 mile trail loop around the park. It was awesome. It wasn't a bad walk and we got some great views along the way. I only wish it had been a little sunnier out!



Puget Sound. Without all the clouds you'd be able to see huge mountains in the distance.

After our walk, we met up with Gold and Orion at Gas Works Park, also close to where we live. Gas Works Park is right on Lake Union and has great views of the Seattle skyline. Supposedly this is the place to be on the 4th of July for the fireworks show. We'll have to find out!

About 50% of the pictures I've taken since last June have had sailboats in them. Why stop now?

And my favorite picture of the day- Chuck took this panoramic of Puget Sound on our walk. I love it.


Sunday we went apartment hunting for most of the day and then spent our afternoon hanging out at Starbucks with our laptops. I job searched and Chuckie worked on... something. It was a nice relaxing Sunday and I think we found a new apartment! More details on that soon.

I'll be back soon with more about our new apartment, remembering the start of our LGO journey that began one year ago this week, and Sami's visit- she gets here this Saturday!!

And now I'll leave you with the most attractive picture we've ever taken of ourselves. Have a good week everyone!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment