Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cannolis, Cupcakes and Christmas

My kindergarten best friend, Lauren, came to Boston this past weekend for a visit and our weekend together can be summed up in two words: Desserts and Christmas.
Kindergarten us: Bangs, Little Mermaid PJs and my #1 baby doll, Timothy.

Friday night we toured Harvard and marveled at the Christmas decorations, ate dinner at one of my favorite places here- Border Cafe- and then went to the Beantown Pub in Boston. We met up with some old friends and LGOs and had a blast!
25 years old us
Just noticed the guy behind Chuck.. hahaha


So good to see Clayton again in Boston!

 After the bar, we got greasy pizza at the pizza place one block from our apartment and then went home, where Lauren and I practiced our best impressions of Blaine Warbler (from Glee). Also I lost a stupid bet with Chuck over whether or not I said the word "skip" when I meant to say "skill" and now I owe him 1 million dollars. Whoops.

Saturday we got a late start because we stayed up late on Friday. We took our time getting ready and watched the first half of the Louisville basketball game. Then Lauren and I headed out to see MIT and walk the Freedom Trail. I should add here that it snowed almost all day on Saturday. Lauren and I feel we deserve some sort of award for walking the Freedom Trail in the snow. It was cold and wet, but I do have to say that as many times as I've walked the Trail, this was one of my favorites. Just look at it!
 
 We saw a lot of Christmas decorations along the way.

After the Freedom Trail, Lauren and I thawed out at the Bell in Hand and waited for Chuck to get out of a meeting before the 3 of us headed to the North End for some Italian food, more marveling at Christmas decorations, and of course... Mike's Pastry.
Happiness in a box.

We were exhausted from a day out in the cold so we called it an early night, went home, watched Elf, ate our cannolis, and then watched When Harry Met Sally. It was perfect.

Sunday, Lauren and I headed to a restaurant/sports bar in Boston for the Green Bay Packers/Vikings game. Lauren is a die hard Packers fan and was very happy when they won!
Sunday morning football calls for mimosas!
 After the game, we walked through the Prudential Center, then to Newbury Street, stopped to get cupcakes for later, walked through Beacon Hill and looked at all the pretty Christmas lights and trees in peoples' windows, and then went to dinner and had pizza before going home. Once home, we watched yet another Christmas movie- How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and then our favorite shows, Dexter and Homeland.
Georgetown cupcakes. The best cupcake I've ever had. And I've had a LOT of cupcakes.
 I feel like all we did the whole weekend was look at Christmas lights and trees, watch Christmas movies, and eat desserts. That's a pretty great weekend though in my opinion. Now we're completely in the Christmas spirit and Chuck and I are WAY beyond ready to go home for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment