Saturday, May 17, 2014

Family Graduations

Last weekend I took a quick 48 hour trip to Kentucky for my little sister's college graduation. Unfortunately, Chuck had a class presentation to attend from 9-4 on the same day of the graduation, so he couldn't make the trip with me. So Friday morning, I caught a flight to Louisville for a very short, very busy weekend.

Saturday we were up bright and early for a full day of graduation fun, but not just for my little sis! My cousin Ethan graduated from UofL that morning. My cousin Caitlin graduated from UK (in the same ceremony as Sami!), and Sami's boyfriend Austin graduated with his Master's from UK that morning. So many graduates! So many smart people to celebrate in one day!

We started the day in downtown Louisville at Ethan's graduation. I was so happy it worked out that I could be home for Ethan's graduation too.  I'm so proud of you, Eth! You're da bomb!


There he goes!

Oh and there goes Russdiculous!

Chuckie made it to Kentucky with me, kind of!
 Our bros

Proud parents

Proud girlfriend

Afterwards, we got on the road and headed for Lexington. Once there, we met up with my aunt, uncle, cousins, and their grandma and grandpa for a late lunch/early dinner at a popular steakhouse in Lexington.

The graduation started at 6pm, and ended 1 box of popcorn, a bag of M&M's, 6 dead iPhones and 2.5 hours later.

Sami and Caitlin got to sit together and walk across the stage back to back since they were both graduating from the College of Arts and Sciences.



There they go!

Sami and Cailtin- UK is probably really sad to see you go and the real world is really happy to see you join it. :) I love you both and am so proud of you!

Proud family

Proud parents

Proud sisters

Proud boyfriend

 Oh and we later made Austin put his cap, gown and hood on so we could get some pictures of him and Sami in their gowns together. :)


No big event in the family is complete without the 5 Hagan Girls and Chuckie picture. Not quite the same as having the real Chuckie in the picture but the sentiment is still there. :)


Of course, the celebration didn't end once the graduation ceremony was over. We made a stop at Graeter's for some ice cream, a liquor store for some celebratory drinks and then our parents' hotel room for an after party, before going back to Sami's and crashing from a long and exhausting day.

Uncle Tony carried Chuckie around for a little bit.

Sunday morning we had a Mother's Day breakfast, I helped Sami pack up her car since she was moving out later that day, and then mom drove me straight back to the Louisville airport to head back to Boston. The weekend was short and sweet and tiring as I knew it would be, but I couldn't miss my little sister's college graduation.  I only wish my other half could have made the trip with me. He hated missing all of the graduations but I hope the graduates know he was there in spirit and was thinking about all of you all day! He probably felt like he was there all day too considering all the pictures I was sending him. :)

Chuckie and I head to Louisville again next weekend, Memorial Day, for my other bro, Aaron's, wedding (yay!!!) and some Liz and Shane wedding shower and bachelor/bachelorette party fun! Wedding season is upon us!

"I'm gonna go graduate now. But first? Lemme take a selfie"

No comments:

Post a Comment