Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nieces Say the Darndest Things

Remember that show "Kids Say the Darndest Things"? I loved that show! Chuckie and I have 5 nieces and they would all be stars on that show if it came back to TV.

Technically they are all his nieces, but I claim them as mine too because 1) we're married and that's how it works and 2) he and I have been dating since before any of them were ever born. None of them know Chuckie without Rachel, and I like it that way.

The girls range in age from 2 to 10. They are all sweet and beautiful little girls, and they're ALLLLLLL kinds of funny. It's so fun to see the world through their eyes and hear their thoughts on things that we, as adults, probably never even think twice about. It's kind of like being in those AT&T commercials 24/7.

While we were all in Virginia, the girls had some pretty funny things to say.  Here's some of the conversations from the weekend, and a lot of pictures of the girls because if I'm being honest, about 75% of the pictures I took last weekend were of them.


While in the car on the way home from Busch Gardens....Sloane (2nd grade): When are you done with school?
Chuck: In June I'll be done with school FOREVER.
Sloane. Ugh. Lucky.....


While watching the Lady Gaga and the Muppets special on Thanksgiving.....(Which may have been the highlight of the weekend. Seriously. So funny.)

Ava: Lady Gaga forgot her shirt!
Sloane: And her nose is running! (Mistook her nose ring for snot.)
Caroline: If there's a Lady Gaga, is there also a Manny Gaga?

Next song, Elton John joins Lady Gaga onstage.
Sloane: Who's that guy? Is that Manny Gaga?
Ava: He's not very good........ (talking about Elton John)
Sloane: Now she's not wearing pants! I can almost see her butt!
Caroline: Look she has a tattoo!

Next song....
Ava: Her face is skinny and weird.
Sloane: And her hair is bigger than her body!
Caroline: Oh! She's not wearing pants again.

I told Ava I own the exact same onesie. I think she thought I was joking. Sadly, I was not.

While playing piano....Amelia (age 2): This is my piano.
Me: Oh did you bring it with you?
Amelia: Yeah. In the car. It's mine.

Also while playing piano.....
Amelia: Sloane is my Ariel.


While eating chips and salsa......Caroline (5th grade): Chips and salsa are my third favorite food. My first favorite is a chocolate volcano explosion from that one rainforest restaurant. My second favorite is cheeseburgers. And then chips and salsa.


While coloring at the table.....Audrey (age 4): Do you kiss Chuckie? That's gross. You can only kiss if you're married. Then you just have to deal with it.


While doing Thanksgiving crafts....Audrey: I'm drawing a snowman. Because I'm thankful for a snowman.


While sitting on the couch....Amelia: My Chuckie is my little friend.


While me, Chuck and Caroline are in the car on the way to the grocery on Thanksgiving Day to get a couple last minute items...Caroline: When we go in the grocery, I'll show you how I get TWO cookies from the bakery by telling them I need an extra one for my little brother. (I like her style.) 




They crack me up. And I know I'm slightly biased... But you can't tell me these aren't the 5 most adorable little girls you've ever seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment