Wednesday, October 23, 2013

10 Tiny Stories

I don't have any exciting recent pictures or adventures to share this week so I'm going to share 10 random things today to let you in on what's going on in the super, ultra exciting life of Chuck and Rachel as of late. (Note sarcasm.)

1. We are obsessed with Breaking Bad. We like to binge watch TV shows and right now, BB is our show of choice. We don't want to do anything except watch Breaking Bad all the time. It's a problem. If you have Netflix and a lot of free time, I suggest watching it. It takes some time to get interested but by Season 3 you'll be totally hooked and it'll ruin your social life and your dreams. But it's worth it.



2. We have fruit flies and we can't get rid of them. We tried the bowl of apple cider vinegar and killed one or two, but the others are too smart and won't go near it. Does anyone know how to get rid of these pesky things?

3. I saw another famous person on the sidewalk last week. His name is Zach Woodlee and he's the choreographer for Glee (and several other popular things in the past) and only a true Glee/dance nerd like myself would probably recognize this man. But I did and I googled and discovered he was in fact in Boston that day so I know it was him. Apparently he's currently choreographing for the movie remake of Annie coming out next year, so is working in New York and Boston. (As if the world needs a remake of THAT movie... no offense, Annie lovers.)



4. I signed up for the MIT gym last week and the first time I went, I got totally lost in the building. I couldn't find the locker rooms or the workout facility. All I saw was the pool, the basketball courts, the ice rink, and a lot of hallways with a lot of doors. I almost left and asked for a membership refund but some nice lady eventually helped me find my way. It was a lot of work just to go do something I really dislike.

5. The Red Sox are in the World Series and we are really excited about it. Four wins away from a parade. Let's do this, Boston!

Read the story

6. We have a high school friend who was injured in the Boston Marathon bombing and a few weeks ago, she got engaged to her boyfriend who was also injured in the bombing. The story got really popular and I guess Ellen heard about it and on Monday, they were on Ellen! Watch their videos! So inspiring. Make sure you have kleenex nearby.

First watch this one:

Then this one:



7. This is midterm week at MIT and luckily Chuck only had one test and it was first thing Monday morning. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that they are already at the halfway point in the semester.

8. I hate the US Postal Service. With a fiery passion. I think from now on I'll only use them for stamps. Long live UPS/Fedex!

9. This week it's not supposed to get warmer than 58 degrees. I think our nice 60-70 degree weather is probably leaving for good. Winter is coming. I'm scared.

10.  November is going to be a very busy, very fun month for us. We already have really fun plans every single weekend so I kind of want November to start RIGHT NOW. I know I shouldn't wish time away but, I can't help it. The blog will be very active in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment