Saturday, February 9, 2013

Atlantic to Pacific

We did it! We actually got out of Boston on time yesterday and made it to Seattle without a single problem! It's a miracle.

Here's a glimpse of Boston-Logan airport yesterday morning. It. was. empty.


Right before we got on the plane I snapped this picture.


"Boston Mayor: State of Emergency at Noon."
 I'm not exaggerating when I say that I think we were literally the last flight to leave the airport. Our flight was scheduled for 11:50. Any later and I think we would have been out of luck.

We got to Seattle around 5pm West Coast time. We immediately found the light rail from the airport and took it to downtown where got a taxi to take us to Fremont, the neighborhood north of downtown Seattle where we'll be living.

We immediately (and accidentally) disregarded the signs on the light rail asking us to not store luggage in the spot that is for disabled and elderly people. Whoops.

On the way to our apartment, my little sis texted me and asked me to send her a picture of something "Seattle-ish." Soon after, we drove past the Space Needle and I figured that was as good as anything else to send to her. I can't wait to go back and actually visit the Space Needle.

 
 
 
We were so tired by the time we got in and got settled at our apartment that we didn't feel like doing too much, but we were hungry so we ventured out into Fremont to find some dinner. We found several restaurants just 3 blocks from our apartment so just picked one. It was Mexican cuisine and it was SO. GOOD. It was kind of like an upscale Chipotle or Qdoba. Chuckie got a (very small) margarita and drank the whole thing before our food was brought to us, so the guy (who was delivering the food to all the tables) brought him a second margarita, for free. I'm not kidding. He said "Did you open a bar tab? It looks like you need another margarita!" and Chuck said "No I didn't, but I should have I guess!" and the guy said "Yep. That's ok. I'm going to bring you another one anyway."  I think he may have been the manager and he could tell we were new and wanted to ensure we'd be back to his restaurant. Well, he did. We'll probably go back this week.
 
 
Though I'm really not happy to be outside of the eastern time zone, between the super clean rail line and stations, the small bit of downtown we saw on our taxi ride, the free margarita, and the 2 physicians who live in the apartments above us in our house (it's a house split into 4 apartments),  I think we're going to enjoy our time in Seattle for these 6 months.
 
 
And now we're off to find a grocery, explore downtown Fremont, and later find a bar where we can watch tonight's UofL basketball game!


No comments:

Post a Comment