Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Workin' 9 to 5

As you probably already know, I got a full time job!!!!!!!!

My new job is actually at MIT, working for the Sloan Business School. I'm working in the Behavior and Policy Science department as an administrative assistant for 4 professors in the Sloan School. The building I work in is the newest building on campus (just opened in September of 2010) and to say that it's nice or pretty would be a HUGE understatement. This place is amazing. It's also the most energy efficient building on campus. I found an article about it that said this: "There are shades that descend automatically to block the sun, recycled glass in the terrazzo flooring, a green roof planted with sedum, and heat, A/C, and lights that turn on only when someone is using a room...Hill also mentions that an amazing 92 percent of the building that was on the site previously was reused or recycled."  Shades that descend automatically based on the sun? Lights that turn on when I walk in a room? Again, amazing.

Also? I have a huge office on the 4th floor with huge windows that look out onto the river and the Boston skyline!

No, that's not true at all. I actually can't see outdoors from where I sit. But I do have a pretty spacious (not being sarcastic, it's actually big) cubicle that looks out to a wall of lovely, metal cabinets. And they have a gigantic Keurig in the kitchen space I can get coffee from whenever I want. This is going to save me a lot of money. And I get to wear jeans every day. Oh and I'm forgetting to mention the best part.... I CAN WALK TO WORK. No more checking the traffic app for this girl! Our apartment building literally shares the parking lot with the Sloan building. I could throw a rock at our apartment from the front steps of this building. It's the best.

I'm going to be so sad when we have to move off campus at the end of the summer. But at least this building is still only a 2-3 minute walk from the T stop, so wherever we move it will still be a pretty short commute.

This is the entrance I use in the morning.
This is the entrance facing the river.
Here's a link to the MIT page about the building if you want to read some more and see more pretty pictures of the inside. http://mitsloan.mit.edu/buildingthefuture/about-e62.php

No comments:

Post a Comment