Thursday, February 7, 2013

"Hagan Luck"

So there's this thing in my family called "Hagan Luck." I'm pretty sure my grandpa had it, I KNOW my dad had/has it, and now I seem to have inherited it.  "Hagan Luck" is basically Murphy's Law.  Whatever can go wrong, WILL GO WRONG. This applies to any normal, supposed to be super easy and painless, situation. Sometimes it's the grocery- you get in the shortest line but it ends up taking 4 times as long to get through than all the others because all 3 ladies in front of you are extreme couponers. Sometimes it's traffic- you decide to take a different way to work than normal and you end up stuck behind a wreck and show up an hour late to work. For me, it seems like anything I try to do ends up becoming an event and a story. Nothing is ever just EASY. It's just like my dad, who goes to Chicago for the first time ever and while there, gets stuck in "The Worst Rain/Thunder Storm in Chicago in 30 years!!!"

Call the bank to order new checks? I'm on the phone for 45 minutes, transferred to 6 different people, and told things like "You've never ordered checks from us before," even though I'm holding my checks in my hand as I speak to them.

Go to the doctor because I think I have the flu? Wait in the lobby for 30 minutes, then get moved to a storage room that used to be a patient room because they are out of regular rooms, get forgotten about, and only remembered when I go out into the hallway after another 45 minutes of waiting.

And don't even get me started on trying to drive or fly somewhere. Like the time I blogged about before, when Chuckie and I came to visit LGO for the first time. Or like the time we tried to get home for our wedding. (Chuckie swears he never has a single issue with flights unless he is with me.)

So you won't be surprised to hear that we are flying to Seattle tomorrow to live there for 6 months, and Boston is expecting a "Historical Storm." More snow than they've seen in years. One to make the record books. Schools are already closed for tomorrow. Businesses will probably be closing. Travel will be "nearly impossible."  You guys, Boston has not had more than a couple inches of snow since we moved here. So why on earth would an all out BLIZZARD happen on the one day we are scheduled to fly to Seattle so Chuck can start his new job on Monday?!?!?!?!  I can tell you why. It's Hagan Luck.  Poor Chuckie. He's stuck with me and my unfortunate luck forever.

Here. Just read this article for the full effect.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/07/snowstorm-may-be-one-of-biggest-in-new-england-history/

No comments:

Post a Comment