Sunday, February 24, 2013

Birthday Round Two

Last Sunday as you know was Chuck's birthday. On Monday, I was sitting around the apartment, Chuck was in Phoenix, and it hit me. I didn't get Chuck a birthday cake! This was my first birthday in charge of the cake for him and I totally dropped the ball. And on Sunday, he never mentioned it, which made me feel even worse! This bothered me all week, so Friday I went out in search of a cake for him to surprise him with when he got home Saturday. Once I was at the grocery, I decided to do birthday brownies instead, because Chuck isn't a HUGE fan of cake anyway. I got the supplies and some little candy letters to spell something out on the brownies.

It just so happened, on Friday, Chuck asked me if we could have 5 more hours of his birthday on Saturday since he had to leave at 7 pm on his real birthday. It was perfect, because I already had his brownie cake planned!

When he got home from the airport Saturday, I surprised him with this!




I even lit candles and sang.



He even had a couple of birthday cards to open that came in the mail while he was in Phoenix! It was all perfect... until we tried to eat the brownies. They were disgusting and almost impossible to get out of the pan. I must have overcooked them even though I followed the exact directions on the box.

So, it still ended up as kind of a birthday fail, but... I guess it's fine. There's always next year!

After Chuckie's birthday re-do celebration, we met up with some friends from Louisville for dinner. A friend I grew up with in my church moved to Seattle with her new husband just a few months ago. She's an actress and was performing in a play in a theater here in Seattle, so her older sister flew in from Montana to see it. We all met up for dinner at a place called Elliot's Oyster House and then went to the show! It was great to see familiar faces from home and to catch up with them! And the play was hysterical! We realized on the way home from the play that we didn't get a picture of all of us together. Another fail.

Today we are taking it easy and getting some things done around the apartment. We're also going to look at a new apartment we're thinking about moving to that is in a cool part of downtown and closer to Amazon. Tonight I'm going to force Chuckie to watch the Oscars with me and feel sad that I'm not in Boston watching it with my girl friends who are getting together to watch it tonight. Moving to Seattle has been the worst move yet because now not only do we miss our friends and family in Louisville, but our friends in Boston too!

No comments:

Post a Comment