Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Whirlwind Trip Home

This past weekend I made a (very) quick trip to Louisville to take care of wedding things. Among a lot of little tasks, my two biggest tasks while home were to have a dress fitting and get my hair trial done for the big day. I did a lot of things while home but here are some of the highlights.

I flew in to Cincinnati on Friday night where my parents picked me up. We stopped at a Tumbleweed somewhere on the way back to Louisville where, when the host seating us asked us "Smoking or non-smoking?" I had to ask my dad if we just went back in time. I seriously didn't realize there were still places in the country where restaurants have smoking sections.

Saturday morning I had my wedding hair trial. While there, a lady came in to get her hair done for her wedding because it was actually her wedding day! She was freaking out a little bit though because she was having an outdoor wedding (with no backup plan) and it was, at that moment, raining cats and dogs. I felt really bad for her but also felt really happy that we are not having an outdoor wedding and won't have to worry about weather on August 24th. The good news is, her wedding was at 6 and around 5:30, the clouds went away and the sun came out!

After my hair trial, on my way to my dress fitting, I stopped at the jewelry store to pick up our wedding bands (!!!!) and everyone in the store thought it was my wedding day because of my hair. God help me if I am running errands like that at 2 o'clock on my actual wedding day.

Dress fitting: the dress still fits.

After other errands I had a gourmet meal at the Hagan Bed & Breakfast cooked by Bobby Flay (AKA my dad) and his assistants (AKA my mom, me, Laura and Sami). I also fed some of my food to the dog under the table to remind her why she loves me the most and to make up for not seeing her for the last 6 weeks. Sorry, mom and dad!

I got to see most of my Everyone Here Hates Twilight group at Jen and Matt's house for Field Day 2012. We played games such as Battleshots, a larger version of Battleship that somehow incorporated jello shots, Pictionary, and we competed in an obstacle course in the back yard that ended with us all having to slide down a slip n slide. ***This is where I would like to remind everyone that my family and friends are all very intelligent and successful people and are fully aware that slip n slides are made for children but we just don't care.*** 

Sunday I did more wedding errands and then went back to Cincy to catch my flight back to Boston. The flight got delayed for 2 hours but I wasn't mad. It was delayed due to bad weather, so it's hard to be mad about something out of anyone's control. Plus, I pretty much expect flight delays going to and/or from Boston after the horrible time we had back in 2010.

I had a great weekend at home even though it was super fast. The only bad part about it was that Chuck wasn't there. He had to stay in Boston and do homework so it was hard to have TOO much fun without him there. But now there's only one month standing between our flight home together to begin all the wedding week festivities! I can't believe it's that close! We are soooooo excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment