Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend this year was extremely exciting for us here in Seattle for multiple reasons.

For starters, Thursday night as I left work at Niketown, I saw I had several missed texts and phone calls from my best friend Elizabeth. As I was walking outside, she was calling again. Seeing as it was midnight on the east coast and a school night for Liz (who is a teacher) I knew she must be calling about something important. When I answered, she told me that her boyfriend Shane proposed to her earlier that night! Liz and Shane are engaged!

 
Chuckie and I are so so so so happy for them and all the excitement ahead!  They are going to be so happy together and have a beautiful wedding and life. The hardest part of being in the LGO program is that we are not home and able to celebrate in person with our friends and family when good things happen to them. But, that's just part of it and just means when we ARE together in person, we have to celebrate that much harder. :)
 
 
Friday after work, Chuckie and I had dinner and then colored Easter eggs!
 



They were brown eggs, so the colors came out really different!


Saturday we drove up to the outlet mall and did some shopping, had lunch and then came home to prepare for my parents' arrival. That preparation included buying some tulips. Because it doesn't feel like Easter until you have tulips, right?


My parents arrived late on Saturday night. For their first day in town, Easter, we went on an Easter brunch cruise on Lake Washington and Lake Union. A few weeks back we had been looking for something to do for Easter while they were here and found this brunch cruise online. My dad bought the tickets and we've been praying for good weather ever since. Well, the weather more than delivered.  It was the sunniest and warmest day in Seattle since we've moved here. It could not have been more perfect. (Well, except for my eye infection that appeared Sunday morning. Would have been a little better without that.)


Our boat!

Bloody Mary party.

Parents on the front of the boat.

As soon as we stepped onto the boat, they handed us champagne. That's my kind of boat cruise.



After the cruise, we headed back to our apartment where we changed into our Louisville shirts and got ready to watch Louisville vs. Duke to see who would go to the Final Four. But I already knew we were going to win. Just look at my perfect Midwest region bracket for proof.

It was so nice to watch the game with other Louisville fans (my parents) instead of in a restaurant in Seattle alone like we usually do. It was also nice to have my mom here so that when Kevin Ware went down with his injury, I wasn't the only one in the room crying.

After the victory, we went to our favorite Seattle hangout, Yardhouse, downtown and had some drinks and appetizers to celebrate. We walked to and from the restaurant and had some amazing views along the way.


It was the perfect ending to a perfect weekend. We did much more with my parents during their stay, but I'll have to save all that for another post or two. Too many pictures for one post!
 

1 comment:

  1. We made the blog! Haha. Thanks, lady, wish you were here too, but we cannot WAIT to celebrate Seattle style with y'all this summer!

    ReplyDelete