Monday, September 17, 2012

Married Apartment

I keep talking about our new apartment in my blogs but I have yet to share much about it. So now I present to you: Married Apartment!

I. love. this. place.

Our new apartment, while not in my favorite part of Cambridge, definitely has it's perks.

Here is a map of our new place in relation to important places.

As I've pointed out, my two favorite things about this place are it's proximity to the grocery and to the T stop. Living in a city without a car, your relation to the T stop is very important, especially when it's cold and/or rainy. We could live an hour from MIT and I wouldn't care as long as we lived within 5 minutes of the T. From our new apartment, it is 3 blocks to the T and 1.5 blocks to the grocery store. This makes me very happy.

And even better, MIT is only one train stop away. On my first day of work after moving, I timed my commute from our front door to my desk. I got lucky that day and got into the station right as a train was pulling in, so it literally took exactly 10 minutes from door to desk. Not bad!

Other perks of Married apartment: 3 blocks from CVS and Walgreens, 4 blocks from the most delicious ice cream place ever- Toscaninis (they give FREE sprinkles!), several restaurants and bars within 5-10 minutes walking distance, our karaoke spot The Thirsty Ear is only an 8-10 minute walk, several LGOs live in the buildings surrounding ours, including one LGO and her boyfriend in our building, and last but not least, the LGO party spot AKA Fort Awesome is literally in our backyard. We can actually see into the apartment from our living room. We don't spy on them or anything though- that would be creepy.  

Did I mention I love this place? 

And that's just the exterior perks. I haven't even shown you the inside yet. 

Hardwood floors. (Fake hardwood of course but whatever.) 

Stainless steel GE appliances, including a dishwasher! (The GE part is important.)
It's spacious.

The bathroom doesn't feel like a college dorm bathroom. 

We have this thing, and it actually works- just like Seinfeld. 
 Chuck and I tested it out the first day. You can talk, listen, and hit the door button to unlock the main entrance to allow guests (or the pizza man or UPS) to come in without having to go downstairs and let them in yourself! Laziness at it's finest!

Our bedroom is about the same size as the whole living room. It's nice too have a big room but we kind of don't have enough furniture to fill it up. While we were in Maine, we bought a dresser at Target and put it together the night we got back from our trip. It took about 3 hours to put it together and was extremely stressful. Especially when we had to keep undoing things we already did because we missed a step. Here is a picture of Chuckie with our dresser right after we put it together. 
If you want to know what he's doing with his arms, watch this video. (Please note: he was directing this gesture to the dresser, not to me. He would NEVER!) 



So that's it! I love our new place, especially our kitchen and full sized oven. Soon I will attempt my first real, homemade lasagna!

1 comment:

  1. It's great and a big improvement from Eastgate. :) I want some of that lasagna.
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete